Truworths Limited was incorporated in Zimbabwe in 1957 and has been operating as a retailer since then. The Company was listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange in 1981, operating from 14 retail outlets comprised of Truworths Stores and Topic Stores. The Company now operates under the following:
- Truworths Ladies operates from 8 stand-alone outlets as well as from 2 other branches which are housed within Truworths Man.
- Truworths Man operates from 6 stand-alone outlets and 2 other branches wich are housed within Truworths Ladies.
- Topics which operates from 27 stores.
- Number 1 which operates from 20 outlets.
- Bravette, the manufacturing unit of the business is based in Harare and manufactures ladies wear sold through Truworths, Topics as well as Number 1. It also produces garments for the export market.